OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on scans at u of m so here's few pics.
IMAG1224.jpg
IMAG1222.jpg
IMAG1225.jpg
IMAG1227.jpg
IMAG1248.jpg

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice additions!!! Those zoas and that scolly are very nice! I love the forktail blennies as well, always been a big fan of the fanged blennies.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Paul it's sad to say but we lost both blennies jumping so ordered smaller meshing from marine depot. Most everything is doing well the clowns are having some aggression n had to separate them for a bit. Hopefully they're doing better this time together. We also got a beautiful fat mandarin male. Trying to save a damaged plate someone brought into lfs. Also fighting little cyanobacteria. But getting better. Added a tunze osmolater Ato and love it. Deal I couldn't pass it was 60 at lfs used.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Love the mandarin and good luck with him! Also good deal for sure on the ATO.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been stocking pods n they're tons upon tons of them ;) so he should be well fed. The 1/4" mesh should keep everyone in from now on. I'll be working on getting him to eat frozen hopefully he does as well as our other one we had. Had him for years always fat n active. He ended up eating frozen after little work.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an impressive assortment of zoas! Will look really good filled in!

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMAG1282.jpg
Thank you Paul we got most from a reefer about 45minutes from us. Got 22 different corals on 19 frags for 200 my son split cost with us. The Ato Mari told me I'd better not pass on so it was my birthday present to me Tuesday was my birthday lol. I've got few projects in the works. Mari has gotten a couple frogs so I'm working on a frog tank for her. And I'm working on frag tank for us. Got stand a 30gallon a 10 gallon sump a coralife 65g skimmer eshopps overflow and retro t5 lighting. Gotta run electric to where it'll be setup yet. we also are getting a box from my friend Mike at sexy corals a welcome back/birthday sexy box lol. I'll be getting pics when it gets here n post them.

Attachments

• IMAG1282.jpg
    IMAG1282.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 273
OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also added 2 peppermint shrimp that made short work of the apitasia we had in few spots popping up. Mari wanted a pom pom crab so get her that.Hopefully we will see the pom pom crab again someday lol. The lightning and the Morse code clowns are doing better this time around hopefully they continue to bond.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I messed up last Sunday I found a 6ftx18"x22" for 75 bucks didn't want everyone mad at me for getting a big tank n passed told Mari on Monday n she was upset I didn't get it lol most guys have to fight to get the ok for bigger setup so I'm lucky in that way lol. Won't make same mistake twice lol.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been busy with family so been awhile. Took the kids to Michigan adventure amusement park had beautiful weather n a great day. The only thing that was missing was our son Jr who lives in ms and our daughter Nikki who lives up in traverse city mi.
Got few things coming next week,a reef keeper lite plus controller and a magnetic frag station. This afternoon I'm heading to pick up our baby Yuma the mom's amazing in person pic is no justice to it. Also getting a beautiful rainbow nem same goes for pic doesn't do it justice for how super bright it is in person. Probably find a few other frags that will find their way into the cooler to head home lol.
I'll work at getting some pics this weekend hopefully when everyone is settled into their new home. Pic of family at mi adventure but can't seem to get the shroom or nem pic to load I'll keep trying.
Screenshot_2015-07-23-17-06-49.jpeg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mother Yuma of baby yuma we're getting and the nem picking both up this evening can't wait lol. Hopefully our lightning maroon clown will make the nem her new home and allow our Morse code male join her in it lol.
Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-20-16.png
Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-20-32.png

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have the mesh top built and on tank keeping fish safe. Been keeping fish over 30 years and have never had the jumping like this build has had. I've lost our canary, a forktail fang, and a green canary all blennies to jumping. So no more jumping allowed lol.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back