BigDeeezyyyy's CADlights 60g CccUuuBbbEee

Goomba_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the shot of the sump. Wonder if you could use a sock filter cup? Be easier to clean and swap out the filter material.

I actually like the Trigger cube sump as the refugium section is right in front and easier to maintain. The only issue i am seeing is that the filter sock section seems to fill up and just overflows into the skimmer section via the top opening. Unless I have that section completely wrong...there's a filter sponge that lays on top of the filter sock and an acrylic piece to sit on top of it....I am going to try to restrict the flow a bit to see if it stops doing that.

1567634043368.png

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a small water change over the weekend, split the return locline nozzle and added an RFG to each opening and also picked up an acro that has purple body with green tips from Neptune Aquatics to test the waters. (If you know the name of the acro, please let me know!) . Pic is blurry...sorry

My leopard wrasse playing in the coral cup and getting sand everywhere!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
havent really done much to my tank...just excited for the Coral Farmers Market this Saturday as I am sure ill be coming home with a bunch of coral frags! Planning to set up my doser (first time user), but I am not quite sure what to dose and how much to dose daily. I am sure it is dependent on how much corasl I have, but how do I measure how much Calcium/KH/Mag to dose? I have a brand new pack of the Red Sea Reef Foundation pack to use as well.

1568328097187.png

Closer pic of the acro using a Sony Alpha a6000...not sure if it helps much LOL

Some random shots

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
havent really done much to my tank...just excited for the Coral Farmers Market this Saturday as I am sure ill be coming home with a bunch of coral frags! Planning to set up my doser (first time user), but I am not quite sure what to dose and how much to dose daily. I am sure it is dependent on how much corasl I have, but how do I measure how much Calcium/KH/Mag to dose? I have a brand new pack of the Red Sea Reef Foundation pack to use as well.

1568328097187.png

Closer pic of the acro using a Sony Alpha a6000...not sure if it helps much LOL

Some random shots

Looks great! Let’s see some more pics of that Acura too! That car is so sick!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! Bay Area! Are you going to the Coral Farmers Market this saturday?
I just got a scoly yesterday so I don’t really have money to burn.. but I might go to check it out, see if there are any steals. I usually go every year. You going?

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a scoly yesterday so I don’t really have money to burn.. but I might go to check it out, see if there are any steals. I usually go every year. You going?

Yup! Gonna meet up with a local reefer for a frag pack he made me. I'll be with the family as my daughter loves it!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this reef builders article. Figured you’d find it sweet as well, haha.
Carbon fiber plumbing!
5A2631FA-F08B-4144-92FE-A9397DDE07AA.jpeg

72EAB543-5816-411E-93E9-FA9EA10C953D.jpeg

That's freakin awesome!

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! I'm leaning towards Cadlights as well although possibly the 100 gallon Artisan or 92 Gallon Versa II. Still liking the MDF Cabinet? (Hoping they run a Black Friday Sale like they did in 2018)

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! I'm leaning towards Cadlights as well although possibly the 100 gallon Artisan or 92 Gallon Versa II. Still liking the MDF Cabinet? (Hoping they run a Black Friday Sale like they did in 2018)

the cabinet is working out OK for me. Seems like it is better material than the other cheap MDF furniture pieces that I have assembled before during my lifetime...Only downside to CADlights is their uPVC plumbing which sucks cause it is hard to find anything uPVC locally if you want to custom your plumbing and are missing parts.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Love that idea for the sand, thats pretty creative! With that tank being a full system, is that the sump it came with, or did you upgrade to that one?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back