OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I figured I would do a side by side comparison with the bubble king mini 200 v vertex alpha 200 since I have them both at the moment. Never thought I would have $2K worth of skimmers in my house.
DSC03554.jpg
DSC03549.jpg
DSC03557.jpg

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great! You went all out. I have an advanced acrylic sump sitting under my tank and a brand new (bigger) sump sitting in the garage waiting for my new tank to be finished. I love the work those guys do.

I also like how you did the black plumbing up top and then changed to red/white on the bottom. I am doing the same with my new build except it will be blue/white underneath.

Can't wait to see it with water, looks like it could be soon! great job!

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great! You went all out. I have an advanced acrylic sump sitting under my tank and a brand new (bigger) sump sitting in the garage waiting for my new tank to be finished. I love the work those guys do.

I also like how you did the black plumbing up top and then changed to red/white on the bottom. I am doing the same with my new build except it will be blue/white underneath.

Can't wait to see it with water, looks like it could be soon! great job!

Advanced acrylics did a good job on the sump. I will be ordering a ato container in the next few weeks from them. The blue and white will look good. Hoping to get water in it this month. Just trying to get all of the wiring organized first.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome sump and plumbing job! I just ordered a small sump and ATO top off reservoir from them for a nano tank. Real happy with the quality I got for the price - and no shipping fees!

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build. Following along and getting some great ideas for my next build. Couple questions, Why did you go with the overflow on the side instead of along back? And I see clamps and rollers on the wood attached to metal stand. Are those for two doors or what is going on front of stand? Would like to do a metal stand just curious about skinning and doors?

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Just been busy with work! Its been a slow process but will be worth it at the end.
Very nice build. Following along and getting some great ideas for my next build. Couple questions, Why did you go with the overflow on the side instead of along back? And I see clamps and rollers on the wood attached to metal stand. Are those for two doors or what is going on front of stand? Would like to do a metal stand just curious about skinning and doors?
Reason why I went with the over flow on the side is that I did not want anything obstructing the view inside my tank. Im trying to avoid having equipment in the reef so that it looks a little more natural.
You are correct in that the brackets hold the doors onto the frame of the stand. The doors pop on and off so that it is easier to access the sump compartment and it gives you more space to do maintenance.

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wire duct that I used to help keep the wires organized. Can you guess what I did wrong in the second pic? Make sure you have all the parts on BEFORE you glue them together! Fish tank - 11-4 003.JPG Fish tank - 11-4 004.JPG

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently filling the tank up now. Discovered that I have a leak where the johnguest fitting is =( Will probably just place a plug in it for now because it will be a while until I have a CA reactor. Hopefully no more leaks! Also figuring out how to setup the APEX. Cant believe that its almost there!

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a MAG18 pump to do my water changes from the garage. I was worried that it would not be enough pump to travel 50+ feet but it has no problems. Great pump! ft.JPG Fish tank - 11-4 011.JPG

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! So I am going to have similar issues with my build regarding rodi. My laundry is on 2nd floor and will be running to garage where I hope to set up an auto water changing system. How far is your rodi traveling? Wasn't sure if I can have it travel as far as I need.

I also notice you have some holes drilled in your along your back eurobrace. Are you planning on having other returns?

Man I wish Leemar was still around, and they were out near me. Any other tank manufacturers out on west coast you might recommend ?

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! So I am going to have similar issues with my build regarding rodi. My laundry is on 2nd floor and will be running to garage where I hope to set up an auto water changing system. How far is your rodi traveling? Wasn't sure if I can have it travel as far as I need.

I also notice you have some holes drilled in your along your back eurobrace. Are you planning on having other returns?

Man I wish Leemar was still around, and they were out near me. Any other tank manufacturers out on west coast you might recommend ?

Crystal Dynamics is supposedly some of the leemar guys new company, cdaquarium.com.

Also I got my tank built by precision aquariums, but they are in ventura. great work though.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back