OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! So I am going to have similar issues with my build regarding rodi. My laundry is on 2nd floor and will be running to garage where I hope to set up an auto water changing system. How far is your rodi traveling? Wasn't sure if I can have it travel as far as I need.

I also notice you have some holes drilled in your along your back eurobrace. Are you planning on having other returns?

Man I wish Leemar was still around, and they were out near me. Any other tank manufacturers out on west coast you might recommend ?
I didn't know leemar stopped making aquariums. Looks like 805reef has some good suggestions. All the other aquarium builders I looked into were quite a bit more in money.
Yeah I placed the holes in the top because I want the option of placing return lines if I decided to go that rought or to run wires through them.

My rodi travels approximately 50-60 feet. I don't think the distance matters as long as the water is traveling downward. Yeah it took me a while to figure out how to get the line in the garage. Originally I was thinking about drilling a hole into the floor, glad I didn't do that!

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to go with a ATI dimmable 48 T5. Was contemplating buying the hybrid but just didnt want to spend that much and am not sure if im completely sold yet on the LED's. The hanging kit seems to be a nice setup but I was not comfortable hanging the light from the ceiling with just the toggle bolts. Saw a fellow reefer use 80/20 to hang the light from and thought that it looked clean.
001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 010.JPG 008.JPG

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the part numbers if you decide you want to do the same thing. It took me forever to find the correct parts so hopefully you wont have the same problem. 1575, 3201, 2036, and I used 3/4 inch #10-32 machine screws. Im not the most mechanically inclined so it took me several different orders to get it right. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While im thinking about it I thought I would make several notes that hopefully others can learn from...
1. Originally I had my ATO return go into the sump but didnt take into account that the ato water line is higher than the sump water line, which in turn starts a siphon that does not stop. I now have to place the ATO return line into the aquarium to prevent a siphon. Still need to do this.
2. The beananimal system is completely silent with the exception of the water draining into the overflow. All my pvc was glued so I was unable to adjust the heights of the overflow lines. The overflow water dropped about 2 inches into the over flow which could be heard throughout the house! So I placed a filter pad to help quiet down the overflow water. May use threaded PVC if I ever do another build.
3. I also removed the johnguest fitting because I was having problems with the siphon restarting when the main pump was turned off and then turned back on. With it removed I no longer have problems with it restarting. Several posts I read stated that my return lines were too deep into my sump so that could have been the problem.
IMG_0981.JPG

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great choice on the fixture. I am considering keeping mine and using it on my tank, which I'm leaning towards 65"x33"x24". Will add a couple of reefbrite xho to account for depth, but I think if I plan my aquascape and coral placement, I will be fine on length. Looks like you have plenty of coverage on your 62" length. High high above the tank do you have your fixture?

OP
OP
Bigfish93

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great choice on the fixture. I am considering keeping mine and using it on my tank, which I'm leaning towards 65"x33"x24". Will add a couple of reefbrite xho to account for depth, but I think if I plan my aquascape and coral placement, I will be fine on length. Looks like you have plenty of coverage on your 62" length. High high above the tank do you have your fixture?
Yeah it's a great light. I think you will be fine with 65. That is going to be a great size tank. I thought I would have shadowing on the sides but I don't. I'm sure eventually I will add some reefbrites but don't really need them yet since I don't have any corals yet. Right now the light hangs 10 inches above the water. I haven't looked into it yet about what height I should hang it at.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang the build looks great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back