Biggest mistake upgrading wifi firm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Lasse, @Tristren and @ingchr1
Tony, I will explain more about the clock "freezing" after getting the connection to work. (Maybe it will "self-correct"?)
Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot Communications page 12.17.20_LI.jpg

NOTE: Everything was working fine before the firmware update
1) I'm assuming the SSID wording isn't important but I'm pretty sure this is how it was.
2) Not sure if the Wifi Key for Access Port Mode should be blank.
3) I'm not sure if the Wifi Key is correct. Now I'm not sure where I got this or how to check if it is right. Is this the password for the router? (It has letters in it as well as numbers.)
4) Client and Access Point was checked before but I changed per Lasse's recommendation.
5) In Wifi box, all boxes were previously checked. They are "greyed out" now so I can't check them.

Lasse, the link you provided took me to the Firmware update which I already performed. I will look in the Manual, Programming Guide, and Resources Guide to see what I can find. (I really wish they would combine everything into just ONE manual!)

I'm really sorry I am so bad with this stuff... so it's OK to talk to me like a 5th grader! :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I'm assuming the SSID wording isn't important but I'm pretty sure this is how it was.
The SSID is what you had named the actual WiFi Network to - in your router
2) Not sure if the Wifi Key for Access Port Mode should be blank.
if you only have checked client mode - skip the access mode!

3) I'm not sure if the Wifi Key is correct. Now I'm not sure where I got this or how to check if it is right. Is this the password for the router? (It has letters in it as well as numbers.)
YES
5) In Wifi box, all boxes were previously checked. They are "greyed out" now so I can't check them.
They is only reporting tool that shows that you are on the right path (if they are checked) - otherwise its is not working

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SSID is what you had named the actual WiFi Network to - in your router

if you only have checked client mode - skip the access mode!

YES

They is only reporting tool that shows that you are on the right path (if they are checked) - otherwise its is not working

Sincerely Lasse
Hmmm. Still not working. Sorry to ask again, but are you saying the SSID is the Modem's Network Name or "P4 HOME" (the Display Name)? (I was confusing the Router with the Modem. Not sure if they are considered to be different). In #3 I meant to say "Is this the password for the MODEM? (It has letters in it as well as numbers"?

Under Settings for "P4 HOME" in the APP, the Host/IP is 192.168.1.77. Is that important for anything?

(Wifi Light on Profilux is OFF, but I guess that is to be expected at this point.)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the same setting that you phone or computer does for the wifi network (but it must be 2.4 gHz) Take your phone and scroll which network it is connected to - that´s your SSID. The password your phone use is the password you should use. If you have dubble networks (5 and 2.4 GHz - you should use 2.4 GHz

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1608223555425.png

Above you can se my computers WiFi list and I am connected to Hemma

Below you can see my WiFi configuration in my P4

1608223697586.png

The password (*****) is the same as I use for connecting my PC to the homework. My SSID can take both 2.4 an 4 GHz

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! Thank you EVERYONE for helping. I ended up bothering Vinny so many times with tickets that he called me! ....and he got it done in 5 minutes! (I would have been up til midnight again otherwise!) :D

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading the wifi could help with b).

The iPhone one is strange. I get the GHL app crashing but weird you have to actually restart your phone.

Could you explain the third one a bit? That sounds like a bigger issue than just your clock (but maybe start by changing your Time - Automatic Setting ?)

Tony
Yes, I've been having a problem with the internal clock "freezing" (i.e. clock stops). Then, not only does anything set on a timer stop, but for some reason other functions, like ATO, stop working. I've been wondering if the TOUCH has something to do with it because I've been having issues with the TOUCH since Day 1 where almost every time I would use the Feed Pause or Maintenance button, the connection to GHL CC would be lost and I'd have to close the program and start it up again. There is the possibility that I may have set up some conflicting Programable Logic so it may be my fault. (I am gradually doing away with a lot of P.L.).

Vinny suggested putting the Clock setting to "none". (I had it on one of the other settings for some unknown reason!). Vinny copied all my settings and will try them out on his system if this problem continues. Last resort will be to send in the P4 for analysis if necessary. Hope it doesn't come to that!

But for now....I'm happy as a clam that I have my "GHL Connect" back!

Thanks again Everyone that has offered help! Much appreciated!

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By theway, I never updated a web interface. Don't even know how or what it is.

Here you go:
Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 10.51.47.png

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 10.57.55.png

I recall that depending on how you update the Wi-Fi firmware, the web interface can be updated automatically. It would be better, I think, if the 'firmware' panel on the Dashboard also displayed the version number of the installed web interface. I'm not sure there's any way to check the installed version.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I go to update the WiFi firmware (currently on 7082) I get the following error. If I click continue it goes into transparent mode and sits there doing nothing. Any suggestions?

Firmware Error.JPG

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since updating to newest again. My p4 still can't hold a reliable connection. I should have left it with the original like 7078 or whatever it is. Cause now more often at night. It will not hold a constant connection. Ugh!!

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since updating to newest again. My p4 still can't hold a reliable connection. I should have left it with the original like 7078 or whatever it is. Cause now more often at night. It will not hold a constant connection. Ugh!!
Michael, do you happen to have an iphone 11? I have had nothing but connection problems with that phone, even before the upgrade. Not only can I not often connect, but the screens often "freeze" and I have to reboot the phone to start all over. The same thing happens with my wife's iphone 11. This has kept me from using the app very much and forced me to recently buy a tablet. Although I haven't had the tablet long nor have I used it much, it seems to be working OK.

Just curious....does anybody have an iPhone 11 that is NOT having a problem with the app?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure there's any way to check the installed version.
It easy done

Klick on the three dots (red circle)

1609258770747.png

klick on support and info (red)

1609258837563.png

And there it is!

1609258910268.png

This above is done with the local webpage - but it is the same way to see which version is on MyGHL

Sincerely Lasse

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It easy done
And there it is!

This above is done with the local webpage - but it is the same way to see which version is on MyGHL

Sincerely Lasse
I completely neglected to thank you for this. This is perfect, I have spent a lot of time trying to remember what version I had installed and this will save me doing that again, thank you!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back