OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that most SuperMale fairy wrasses don't do to well though... I've read people suggest get a bunch of female and let nature takes its course... I saw a friend of mine with two Lineatus in a 180g... I saw them when they were first collected before they were introduced in his tank... a few months later, one stayed a sub male and one was a really really nice male, close to being a terminal male with awesome coloration... my plan is to get a trio so hopefully, I get lucky... :)

awesome guys, now can we see some Rhomboids? I just reserved a nice male... he'll be one of the first fishies in the 110g... :D :) :D

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the one I have now.

IMG_5807.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow Brad.. is that the same Rhomboid? last one flashing? or are they different? 2nd pic look amazing!!!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is the same one. He was sold to me as a 5 incher, but I beleive he's 4.5.
They are my favorite wrasse by far. Not only in appearance, but they are very mild mannered also.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is the same one. He was sold to me as a 5 incher, but I beleive he's 4.5.
They are my favorite wrasse by far. Not only in appearance, but they are very mild mannered also.
very nice Brad... how long have you had him? I think that's pretty important too... the length of time you guys have kept your current ones already... can you guys lemme know how long you guys have had yours?

so far, awesome eye candy... :D

Thanks...

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had most of all my wrasses for well over 2 years before I added a sick wrasse I got from a LFS. I lost 10 wrasses. Slowly rebuilding now. I have 2 Jocs coming next week. (But they aren't what we are talking about in this thread.)

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of Rhomboids as well Marvin. I think Gary took a few shots of them so I'll try and locate them.

I know they are suppose to be mild mannered, but my male is kind of a big meanie ... he was the main fish Gary saw beating on my dying Supermal Lineatus and he now chases the heck out of the female lineatus that is changing to male. Strange fish!

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
210fish233.jpg

Here is a picture of my Rhomboid flashing my Lineatus. My Rhomboid was a big meanie as well.....He killed my Lineatus:(

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my Rhomboid flashing my Lineatus. My Rhomboid was a big meanie as well.....He killed my Lineatus:(

That's really interesting to hear Stacie. I was not home to see what happened to my Lineatus, but Gary said my male Rhomboid was really beating him up and I just found that surprising since they are suppose to be more passive. Now seeing him chase my other Lineatus, I'm starting to see that he is pretty mean.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's weird... I had experienced a female / sub male Rhomboid bully a bigger Lineatus before also... but my tank was small so I let one go... not sure which one I let go anymore... LoLz.... we'll see how they interact with a bigger tank... I hope I get lucky and have a peaceful wrasse tank... wish me luck... once I get the collection complete, it'll be awesome just to watch them for a long time together... :)

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have a male rhomboid and a lineatus in a 300 gallon, and I thought I was going to have to pull the lineatus out due to the rhomboid being nasty. It seems to have gotten better between the 2 but the rhomboid is the boss of the tank.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have a male rhomboid and a lineatus in a 300 gallon, and I thought I was going to have to pull the lineatus out due to the rhomboid being nasty. It seems to have gotten better between the 2 but the rhomboid is the boss of the tank.

Boy, I'm shocked, every rhomboid I've had have been the most timid of the bunch.
Even when I had 2 males together, they just had real small squabbles. I have never seen them go after another fairy.
But then again, my scotts were never aggressive either.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, I'm shocked, every rhomboid I've had have been the most timid of the bunch.
Even when I had 2 males together, they just had real small squabbles. I have never seen them go after another fairy.
But then again, my scotts were never aggressive either.

Wow
you are lucky I had to get rid of a Scotts fairy I had. He would try to kill anything I added to the tank.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it almost seems like it's a fish by fish basis... I hope I get lucky with my collection... I'll just have to be ready for anything... ;)

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow
you are lucky I had to get rid of a Scotts fairy I had. He would try to kill anything I added to the tank.

My buddies was like that -

My old one was so afraid of his shadow he tried to jump out and hung himself on the netting - same ended up with my buddies - though he was probably chasing another fish.

I am going to introduce my Flame quads in a clear container for a few days - then try and pull my Lineatus's if they get crazy - or redo the rock work. It has worked in the past.
I do the same with tangs - they will tailwhip the container - then realize the other fish isn't going anywhere and finally gets bored of it after a day or so.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 77 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.5%
Back