BigMac’s 240

BigMac426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, BigMac here to show yinz my 8’x2’x2’ with dual all glass smooth weir overflows, Aquaticlife 8 lamp T5, Synergy reef CL60 sump, royal excusiv/vertex alpha 250 protein skimmer, Aqua UV 57 watt sterilizer, 2 syncra advanced 9.0 return pumps (2500gph) and 3 MP40’s for flow. I got most of my equipment used including the tank, stand and canopy. I had to build a new stand do to the old one being structurally compromised and dress up the canopy with trims to match. Right now the tank is a Fowler but I’m planning on getting corals soon. Probably going to go down the road of soft corals, anemones, gorgonians.

Current fish:
Sailfin tang
Purple tang
Yellow tang
Blonde Naso tang
Hippo tang
Clown tang
Foxface rabbit fish
Purple dottyback
Azure damselfish
Blackstorm clownfish
Flame angel
Coral beauty angel
Queen angel

Planned/on the way fish:
Emperor angelfish
Blue faced angelfish
Powder blue tang
Ocellaris clownfish
(5-7) blue reef chromis

BEDFDC12-E668-4B87-B862-9B3E13906D8D.jpeg
781FB94E-8613-4C37-84A0-95568B354C75.jpeg
AECC472E-B320-4942-BE2C-EB2FDD0B3108.jpeg
17A028C4-D1E6-4FC5-855B-B31F53A16325.jpeg

OP
OP
BigMac426

BigMac426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great job on that stand! I had a 8x2x2 once nice size tank right?

how does the clown tang get on with the other tangs?
Thanks! It’s exactly the dimensions I wanted, maximize length without so many gallons. I went from a 125 that was 6’ long… you can’t beat the 8’.
The clown tang is definitely the alpha. Kind of a phycho lol. It attacks it’s own reflection if I don’t have the room lights on and the tank lights are on. But he’s not too too bad with the others. Nips here an there hasn’t sliced anyone open yet.
image.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It’s exactly the dimensions I wanted, maximize length without so many gallons. I went from a 125 that was 6’ long… you can’t beat the 8’.
The clown tang is definitely the alpha. Kind of a phycho lol. It attacks it’s own reflection if I don’t have the room lights on and the tank lights are on. But he’s not too too bad with the others. Nips here an there hasn’t sliced anyone open yet.
image.jpg

they sure are beautiful fish. to bad they can be jerks some times.

how about the dwarf angels and fighting between them? I ask I am pretty sure i am gonna to a FOWLR with the new 200 DT 75 sump inbound. I would like a flame and coral beauty too.

OP
OP
BigMac426

BigMac426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they sure are beautiful fish. to bad they can be jerks some times.

how about the dwarf angels and fighting between them? I ask I am pretty sure i am gonna to a FOWLR with the new 200 DT 75 sump inbound. I would like a flame and coral beauty too.
They don't bother each other at all. They both started in a 125 gallon and there was no problems in there either. You should be good:cool:

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16706784-BA0B-4A6E-B703-E3B4CF67D8C3.jpeg

Just added the auto aqua AWC system to my aquarium. We’ll see how it works.
I ran one as an AWC and then as just an ATO for a few years (It died 6 months ago I think). IIRC if we had a power blip it would default to “ATO OFF.” I wouldn’t notice for a day or so until the return pump started sucking air. Hopefully the fixed it so when it comes back online it doesn’t default to ATO off. May have been user error I admit.

OP
OP
BigMac426

BigMac426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran one as an AWC and then as just an ATO for a few years (It died 6 months ago I think). IIRC if we had a power blip it would default to “ATO OFF.” I wouldn’t notice for a day or so until the return pump started sucking air. Hopefully the fixed it so when it comes back online it doesn’t default to ATO off. May have been user error I admit.
So far is been working well! I even had an extended power outage while i had it and it remembered its settings. I also accidentally pulled the power cord in the middle of a water change and it continued the water change after i plugged it back in. Only problem i had was microbubbles causing the waste pump not to pump water. I just rotated the pump so the intake is facing upward and its been working..

OP
OP
BigMac426

BigMac426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Just got the Hanna Marine monitor for my aquarium. I’m liking it so far! Nice to have your basic parameters always on display. It has alarms if any of them go above or below the set thresholds. They were on sale at premium aquatics so I couldn’t pass it up.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back