OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per usual the speedbumps continue. I'm quite sure that my royal gramma had signs of flukes. Hopefully I caught it early and I dosed prazipro. So hoping for the best for my livestock. Years ago I had a plague that killed 80% of my fish. Not trying to repeat that so I've been hyper observant. Getting another phone with a working camera soon. Sorry for the lack of pictures.

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got some new gear over the last couple weeks and I haven't had the chance to add it to my thread so here we go.
I had been running a E-shopps s-120 skimmer and it did alright but I guess I never thought it was really pulling its weight. So rewind a couple weeks and a local reefer offered me a bubble magus curve D8 dc protein skimmer for a great price. Of course being a gear head the control ability of a dc skimmer had me hooked. Now this skimmer is was over rated for my tank but it's DC I can power it down right?? So after I made my decision I searched for reviews online and for the most part I didn't find diddly. I really thought that was odd considering it was a higher end and costly skimmer I expected to see more videos and write ups online. Oh well price was unbeatable so worth the "risk". Of course this was totally nonsense because this thing rocks. I've never owned a skimmer that pulls thick mud immediately out of the water. My old skimmer is playing pop warner against the big leagues. I'm so happy I bought it. I can really dial in my skimmate. The pump is also nearly silent. So far I think this skimmer is amazing and I would d recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new skimmer
Screenshot_20191115-152333_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191115-152339_Facebook.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back