Bio Cube 32 Return Pump

haukaikela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Someone gave me a BioCube and I need a return pump. What is the max size in terms of gph I should use? Thanks for the advice!

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not say I have tried to find what the absolute max flow rate is but I have 2 biocubes in the office one with a Rossmont Riser 850 and 1 with a VarioS 2 both work well. I think you will be more limited by the chamber size than with flow rate.

Go Hobby!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce Syncra 2.0 or 3.0 should be good. Here's a review I did on the 4.0 for my 50 gallon. I think this one would be a bit too much on a 32 gallon, thus my recommendation for the 2.0 or 3.0. I think either would be fine in terms of flow. I'm just not sure how much space you have there in the biocube so measure first.

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce Syncra 2.0 or 3.0 should be good. Here's a review I did on the 4.0 for my 50 gallon. I think this one would be a bit too much on a 32 gallon, thus my recommendation for the 2.0 or 3.0. I think either would be fine in terms of flow. I'm just not sure how much space you have there in the biocube so measure first.

I have the Sicce Syncra 2.0 on mine and I love it!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce Syncra 2.0 on mine and I love it!
I also have the 2.0 on mine and it works great. Just enough flow, but not too much flow that the water moving through the rear sump section makes a ton of noise. Dead silent until the ATO kicks on lol. Critters are mixed in the tank and all seem ok with it and the small Jebao wavemaker.

tempImagetkWJWA.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back