Bio Media Location

Fragmented Wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.
I would place it at overflow as water is coming in to chamber

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back