Bio Media Location

Fragmented Wolf

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mna...rrow.png.94852ed4be1ea1282b583c6d3cbd1a04.png
As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.
 
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mna...rrow.png.94852ed4be1ea1282b583c6d3cbd1a04.png
As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.
I would place it at overflow as water is coming in to chamber
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new