Biocube 16 filter media

alicel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
12
Location
AR
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What filter media is everyone using in their biocube and why?

Currently, all I use is Filter Floss in the filter cartridge place on the right side of the back reservoir. I’m noticing that in order to keep my tank looking pristine I would probably have to clean it at least every 2 weeks. (Current cleaning/water change schedule is one time during the first week of each month)
Maybe the solution is just to clean more..but if you notice a difference with specific filter media please let me know.
 
In my BioCube 16 I have the heater in the overflow chamber (I removed the false floor). In the middle chamber I have an InTank Media basket. In the top of have a filter pad, in the middle I use Purigen and in the bottom I use ClearFXpro. In my return chamber I have my pH probe and Kessil light mount.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new