Biocube 16 filter media

alicel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
12
Location
AR
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What filter media is everyone using in their biocube and why?

Currently, all I use is Filter Floss in the filter cartridge place on the right side of the back reservoir. I’m noticing that in order to keep my tank looking pristine I would probably have to clean it at least every 2 weeks. (Current cleaning/water change schedule is one time during the first week of each month)
Maybe the solution is just to clean more..but if you notice a difference with specific filter media please let me know.
 
In my BioCube 16 I have the heater in the overflow chamber (I removed the false floor). In the middle chamber I have an InTank Media basket. In the top of have a filter pad, in the middle I use Purigen and in the bottom I use ClearFXpro. In my return chamber I have my pH probe and Kessil light mount.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new