Biocube 29 Aquascape help!

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I’m still fairly new to reefing (under 1 year) & this will be the second tank I am setting up. Having some “aquascape regrets” on the first tank & I really want to get it right this time!

Anyone with experience in the hobby please point me in the right direction! I know I need more rock, but what can I add to this aquascape?
A bridge connecting the right & left? A couple islands in the middle? A shelf in the back? Should I ditch the whole thing? Any advice helps!

What I’m going for:
LPS dominant (euphyllia, acan lord, chalice, goni)
Slightly raised from sandbed to allow optimal water flow (will be run with mp10)

EC16BEA7-7020-43FA-B3F6-5BF3A7D7E4F7.jpeg

0E37DFF6-7612-46D0-BF96-290C6329B198.jpeg
4FBB552E-BC21-4C24-A907-4C25D2726244.jpeg

Last edited:

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty cool already I’m thinkin several island rocks of Interesting shapes and sizes in the middle. Will still keep the flow open but allow perches for euphyllia or island rocks of zoa. Acans could go rocks too but they do great on sand beds as well

I would be terrified of lifting it that arch looks like a labor of love

nice work!

OP
OP
j.register3

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty cool already I’m thinkin several island rocks of Interesting shapes and sizes in the middle. Will still keep the flow open but allow perches for euphyllia or island rocks of zoa. Acans could go rocks too but they do great on sand beds as well

I would be terrified of lifting it that arch looks like a labor of love

nice work!
Thanks for the input! Was originally going to transfer my pink tip elegance to use as the sandbed centerpiece, but loving that island idea as acans are my favorite coral!

Was also thinking of building an arch connecting the left & right sides, right through the middle, then putting a shelf in the middle under the back/top arch(which btw is surprisingly sturdy). Will still leave room on the sandbed & give me real estate to work with a little higher in the tank as well. Thoughts?

Last edited:

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a center island smack dab in the center in front of the arch but only 1/2-3/4 the height of the arch just to reduce some of the negative space and give fish something in the center to swim around. Save the top of it for a centerpieces coral. But looks dang good already if you do nothing.

OP
OP
j.register3

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a center island smack dab in the center in front of the arch but only 1/2-3/4 the height of the arch just to reduce some of the negative space and give fish something in the center to swim around. Save the top of it for a centerpieces coral. But looks dang good already if you do nothing.
Wow loving this idea, as well! Thank you so much by the way! :)

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A seem like good suggestions. Since you have a lot of negative space to work with I would suggest dry testing each suggestion, take pictures, and then decide from the pics what works best for you or repost to your thread here for a second go at suggestions.

OP
OP
j.register3

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A seem like good suggestions. Since you have a lot of negative space to work with I would suggest dry testing each suggestion, take pictures, and then decide from the pics what works best for you or repost to your thread here for a second go at suggestions.
Brilliant suggestion! This is what I’ll do. Thank you so much!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back