Height of aquascape help

Amybolton2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2023
Messages
65
Reaction score
25
Location
Kansas
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 20 gallon… I built this aquascape but wondering if it’s too low and I need to add height to it? Or if the coral growth of euphyllia and potentially sps will fill it out. Definitely going for a more minimalist look on this one.

IMG_1896.jpeg


IMG_1899.jpeg



IMG_1895.jpeg



Also attached a photo of my large tank aquascape which I kinda wish I built a little bit lower. So I’m not sure what the happy medium is.

IMG_7355.jpeg


Thank you!
 
I am a big fan of the lower aquascapes. Just my personal preference. Especially for sticks.
 
I like a lot of rock so I don't think you have nearly enough. More rock will be appreciated by your fish and you gain more real estate for corals. Get a couple big pieces mixed in there.
 
I think it’s beautiful. Maybe add a couple single pieces to the sand bed…textured pieces that will provide hides for some of your fish. And then on top, bam!, you’ve got the perfect place for a zoa garden.
 
Your rock is just your foundation....the true scape comes from coral growth. I think it look great. I would try to add a small cave or two though for fish....even if you hide it in the back behind the structure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new