Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work looks good. Share some information about the tank so we can get an idea of the set up

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Recently started a Biocube 32g I have been running the tank for 45 days. Before starting the cycle I swap out the stock filter system the Biocube 32 comes with and got

InTaNk media basket
Poly Filter Floss
Biological Ceramic Filter Rings
Chemi-Pure Elite
de-nitrate

InTaNk Fuge Basket
Chaeto- LeD 10 hours When Reef Asleep
Live Copepods

12 pounds of live rocks
Live sand

Coralife Protein Skimmer
Eflux Wave Maker (2) 660 gph

Reef Temp 78f-79f

I have a UV sterilizer connected to pump but only using when adding new fish or coral in case has any parasites I keep off otherwise.
I started adding the ESV Bionic 2 part
I added 8ml of each I will probably just add this same amount 1-2x a week or as needed looking to invest later on into a dozing system.
Fish:1 clown fish & 1 purple dottyback Corals:gsp,candy cane coral, Zoan,
4-5 Herman crabs 1 starfish

Slowly trying to add mainly corals and a few other fishes

I’m Doing weekly water changes of 5-10g
I’m using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
I’m Making My Own RO water using a 4 stage

Had the Biocube Corallife protein skimmer but no good seems cheap and sometime I find skimmer just floating suction not so good looking to upgrade to the AquaMaxx NF-1 Nano Protein Skimmer Doing research to see if it fits on chamber 1 since I have everything else occupied.

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
001F5F9B-51C5-433C-9E13-B35E5F10E642.jpeg
C7C3AB4A-687A-49EC-AB58-A7F7227A5431.jpeg
F66BAFA3-4687-44C8-9C5D-3A2A1A9428B0.jpeg
F0DDDAEC-6BE0-45E2-836F-8F6DDAB5A7AD.jpeg
338BFF86-C6C3-42DF-BB01-9DA873A3F1A0.jpeg

everything seems to be doing well but GSP hasn’t open since I bought it about 4 days now

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good. I like your rock structure. What are you dosing? and are you using any equipment?
Thank you! I’m Dosing Part 2 With Magnesium only when needed not on daily basis I say maybe 2 times a week but now as I add more corals might have to increase that. And no equipment I had a protein skimmer decided to go no skimmer so removed it just have my Intank media basket with Chemi blue matrix and biological rings then got refugium with Chaeto. Now looking into replacing stock led for the Radion 5g either pro or blue.

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar setup with a Fluval 32.2. I upgraded to the Intank baskets as well. I have some coral coming next week and am curious how others are dosing on smaller tanks. I don’t have a skimmer yet. I don’t think they are needed with smaller tanks if you doing weekly water changes. But they certainly don’t hurt. I got recently got a an IM refugium LED and want to setup my first refugium in the second Intank basket. I don’t think it’s really going to have that much of an impact on reducing phosphates but it’s more of a test for me.

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar setup with a Fluval 32.2. I upgraded to the Intank baskets as well. I have some coral coming next week and am curious how others are dosing on smaller tanks. I don’t have a skimmer yet. I don’t think they are needed with smaller tanks if you doing weekly water changes. But they certainly don’t hurt. I got recently got a an IM refugium LED and want to setup my first refugium in the second Intank basket. I don’t think it’s really going to have that much of an impact on reducing phosphates but it’s more of a test for me.
Definitely don’t think skimmer is needed like you mention with weekly water changes that should do it. Are you running stock led atm on ur fluval? I was thinking of upgrading my Biocube leds but I seen lot of people have kept they corals for long period of time with no issues but definitely looking into light upgrade later on as Tank matures more. Maybe steve led or Radion 5g

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely don’t think skimmer is needed like you mention with weekly water changes that should do it. Are you running stock led atm on ur fluval? I was thinking of upgrading my Biocube leds but I seen lot of people have kept they corals for long period of time with no issues but definitely looking into light upgrade later on as Tank matures more. Maybe steve led or Radion 5g
The stock LED on these tanks is fine for most coral. I would consider upgrading if you want to get into SPS and anemones.

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8A66C503-2555-4A9A-A65F-CB2C6A3711E4.jpeg

update day 68
Salinity: 1.024
Calcium 424
Magnesium 1158
Alkalinity 10.9
Ph 8.1

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
58469045-0DC4-40C4-948C-47DA9B042072.jpeg

3 months update moved center rock out of the tank made more space and moved some corals around everything looking very well so far thank god

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a lot like how I had my cube setup. Looks great. HOWEVER, I did have a huge issue to crap getting trapped in and behind my rocks. Which took a couple of years but eventually led to the demise and crash of the tank.

I would try to leave at least 4" behind the rock, and around the sides, no less. Even after re scaping and starting my tank up with 5-6" behind I didnt leave enough space around the sides and up top and eventually corals grew out of control, making it difficult to clean once again.

OP
OP
Lololo

Lololo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One year anniversary with tank so I added this Beautiful Bubble Coral I have made some adjustments down the road swap my stock bio cube light with the AI Prime 16HD and also swap protein skimmer I did some adjustment of the rocks also removed it from touching back of the tank I centered giving room for water flow all around so no fishy poop and crap builds up back there I see tank a lot better and cleaner after that change. I also got rid of some live rocks I will be posting few picture of the tank later on today.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.3%
Back