Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230930_113003.jpg 20230930_113019.jpg
About 10' in the air ,web span ? 6' x 8' orb is about 3' ,she's been busy...;):)
Im Out See Ya GIF by ADWEEK

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did ya' you buy?... @Stang67 ;) :D

EDIT : Wrong place AGAIN...:rolleyes:
Just raffle tickets $20 worth and didn't win a darn thing. Got a free 2 headed hammer. I put it in the office tank. I did so good :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think part of the problem is more than enough live rock not enough bio load. You need life in there to feed the "circle of life" your tanks parameters won't be stable until you have it complete. I think that's a big part of a lot of reefers issues. When you don't have bio load and coral and inverts etc... the tank is constantly adjusting.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think part of the problem is more than enough live rock not enough bio load. You need life in there to feed the "circle of life" your tanks parameters won't be stable until you have it complete. I think that's a big part of a lot of reefers issues. When you don't have bio load and coral and inverts etc... the tank is constantly adjusting.
True…. I have been dumping skimmate in the tank from the cube as fast as my crappy skimmer can make it to provide fish poop.

I little bit disagree with the live rock part… I don’t think I have enough for my size tank. Yours plus mine is probably aroun 40
Pounds total? …. I want to add more . Will hopefully rectify in the near future.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True…. I have been dumping skimmate in the tank from the cube as fast as my crappy skimmer can make it to provide fish poop.

I little bit disagree with the live rock part… I don’t think I have enough for my size tank. Yours plus mine is probably aroun 40
Pounds total? …. I want to add more . Will hopefully rectify in the near future.
;) any amount of live rock with no bio load is to much :) even if you added a pair of clowns a tomni tang and maybe 2 or 3 more fish I think you would be at or below your rocks bio load threshold... we need to get life I to that tank.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) any amount of live rock with no bio load is to much :) even if you added a pair of clowns a tomni tang and maybe 2 or 3 more fish I think you would be at or below your rocks bio load threshold... we need to get life I to that tank.
There is a crab and couple of snails in there ;)

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with getting some life in tank but if your going to get moar rock then i would do that soon too. Live rock startups is a different process then dry rock. You are doing right by dumping skim in also to compensate. My 2c is get some more rock for the bacteria to colonize and a couple fish to help with poo production.

Ps not late this time.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back