Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC
I see MOAR LR in very near future... ;) :)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
po4 around .09
No3 10

Do I pull the shrimp from the sump?
I don't know what conventional wisdom on this would say as I started this hobby after shrimping was no longer that common and also have always started with live rock but I'll give my utterly unqualified opinion.

The shrimp is there to create ammonia to feed a bacterial colony. The types of bacteria we are speaking of only grow when there is more ammonia to process than they have ability to.

If memory serves, you added quite a bit of uncycled sand which will for all intent and purpose be void of colonization.

I'd leave that dude in there until it was a complete mush. Dumping skimmate is also a great addition.

I don't know what your snotty bubble stuff is without a microscope but I wouldn't get too far down any specific rabbit hole without getting an ID on it. Your nutrients are suitable to combat new dinos.

So the obvious answer is MOAR (diverse) ROCK!!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what conventional wisdom on this would say as I started this hobby after shrimping was no longer that common and also have always started with live rock but I'll give my utterly unqualified opinion.

The shrimp is there to create ammonia to feed a bacterial colony. The types of bacteria we are speaking of only grow when there is more ammonia to process than they have ability to.

If memory serves, you added quite a bit of uncycled sand which will for all intent and purpose be void of colonization.

This is accurate
I'd leave that dude in there until it was a complete mush. Dumping skimmate is also a great addition.
Roger Roger

I don't know what your snotty bubble stuff is without a microscope but I wouldn't get too far down any specific rabbit hole without getting an ID on it. Your nutrients are suitable to combat new dinos.
Microscope will be here tomorrow
So the obvious answer is MOAR (diverse) ROCK!!
Hopefully after Joes
lord of the rings hobbits GIF by Box Office

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank is still wrapped in bags. It’s actually been a nice break just leaving it be, considering other things I have on my plate. I checked on when I got home from work and all the nastiness is gone that I can tell. None on sand, none on the rocks… and my plating sponge looks the best it has in weeks. I’ll start ramping up the blues tomorrow morning. If nasties starts coming back, I should have microscope to ID.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parents...for a month...

You are a braver soul than I! o_O
They come every year... usually stay for the month of October. One year they stayed two months..... THAT WAS NO BUENO.

my parents are bit on the older side, especially my dad. I dont know how many more years we will have together so I try really hard to focus on the fact that we should enjoy this time together. Of course I'm human and sometimes throughout the visit I'm ready to pull my hair out. :winking-face-with-tongue:

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I cant have that! In non reef related news. My parents are arriving today. They are staying with us for a month.

pig GIF
Nervous The Office GIF
Awkward Hide GIF by TipsyElves.com
Season 3 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX
you and Robbie can always come hang out at our place if you need a break one friday evening... we can play cards again ;)

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come every year... usually stay for the month of October. One year they stayed two months..... THAT WAS NO BUENO.

my parents are bit on the older side, especially my dad. I dont know how many more years we will have together so I try really hard to focus on the fact that we should enjoy this time together. Of course I'm human and sometimes throughout the visit I'm ready to pull my hair out. :winking-face-with-tongue:
I love my parents and try to spend as much time with them as I can, but I’m lucky to be able to do frequent short visits. My Dad and I are just TOO much alike!

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my parents and try to spend as much time with them as I can, but I’m lucky to be able to do frequent short visits. My Dad and I are just TOO much alike!
Ha this is the same for me, they come over for Sunday dinner every weekend, anymore than a couple hours and my mom is going crazy... @Mrs.F i s h y thinks its hilarious

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back