biocube help

thehammer1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I'm at a loss for the best full spectrum choices for my biocube. Steves and rapid seem to be leaving out a little bit and I know I could combine them and get all the colors. If any one has a good arrangement let me know I want growth and my corals to pop money isn't an issue. I've even considered putting an ecotech radion in my hood (yes I have to keep the jood) . Or even ordering gen 3 pucks and putting them in somehow ( not sure if this is possible) . Anyways I really appreciate all the help. Just looking for answers radion yes or no. If not pucks yes or no. And if not what is the best color and arrangement for the biocube hood I could possibly have .

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are keeping the hood. I would recommend one of the retros you've mentioned above. They have full spectrum as a choice, maybe not including all the colors you want, but your talking about only 24 led's. I'm running the RapidLED retro on my biocube 29, just blues and whites and growth has been great! Anything else is guess work or somebody here that has done what you want to do. For one thing, too much heat could be a problem, especially if you gut the fans out too. Secondly, you might have to remove the clear cover, bringing your lights in very close to the waters surface, which could cause damage to lights and too much concentrated intensity.

scott89wing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sunk a cheap led off ebay in my hood they sit flush with top and sit right in on the clear cover

the-10th-planet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that. Its not a bad option though. I also cut the hood for a HOB fuge. Its still sealed up tight to keep potential jumpers in. and I think it looks pretty good.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you are referring to the rapid and steves kit leaving something out. I bought the rapid led kit for my 29 biocube and love it. I chose my own color combination of leds, red, blue,royal blue, neutral white, lime, and UV. Let me tell you from my experience with the mix of colors it is not worth it. What I ended up with were spots in my tank that showed red or lime in places. Since the light is so close to the water its tough to blend the colors properly. I ended up removing the red and lime leds and just running the royal blue, blue, neutral white and the uv's. Now I like it far more than with the added colors
Hey everyone I'm at a loss for the best full spectrum choices for my biocube. Steves and rapid seem to be leaving out a little bit and I know I could combine them and get all the colors. If any one has a good arrangement let me know I want growth and my corals to pop money isn't an issue. I've even considered putting an ecotech radion in my hood (yes I have to keep the jood) . Or even ordering gen 3 pucks and putting them in somehow ( not sure if this is possible) . Anyways I really appreciate all the help. Just looking for answers radion yes or no. If not pucks yes or no. And if not what is the best color and arrangement for the biocube hood I could possibly have .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back