Biocube skimmer help

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone gave this to me pretty much brand new, does it fit in back of biocube 32? Looks way better than Coralife biocube skimmer

ECAAD370-2064-4BCA-9B99-6D67C7F1175C.jpeg

Okinawa_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the 32, but there was a guy on YouTube who was able to barely squeeze it in the first chamber of one of the old 29 biocubes. I used to have this Skimmer in and old tank of mine and it worked pretty well. For better than the biocube Skimmer. I’d say if someone gave it to you, give it a shot!

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video is for the Hydor Koralia Nano-Skim Internal Protein Skimmer. However I noticed yours says slim so may be a different model. Skip to 1:19.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it doesn't fit try a Tunze 9001. I have been using one for 3 years and love it.

I would suggest putting the skimmer in chamber 2 (middle).

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact skimmer in my 29g. It fits by cutting some of the plastic trim on the chamber and by not using the magnets.

My experience with it though was not good. I felt like it was of poor quality/design. It has 3 sides to the main body and then the forth side slides on. The problem is that the 3 sides are not rigid enough to keep the 4th sliding side in the slot. I had to use zip ties to keep it together. It also needs the water level to stay the same which means only chamber 1 or you need an ato. Even if you have a steady water level it is extremely difficult to get it to skim consistently. Sometimes it worked great, then it would overflow, and then at times it wouldn’t skim. I still have mine in the closet because I would feel bad trying to sell or even give it to someone else.

I don’t have a hood anymore so that helps with any height issues. I now run a Awuamaxx ws-1 in chamber 2. It’s a great skimmer. Without going into all the details it skims great.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back