Biota hippo died.

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im at shock! My tank is 8 months old. I have 1 foxface, 1 royal gamm, 2 wrasses, 1 (yellow tang) from biota,tomini tang, midas. Im at all i bought a small hippo tang from biota with “cosmetic damage” aka hlle from their website. Was doing great. Eating nori, swimming active, eating frozen. Etc. came down to check on my tank this afternoon and he was flat dead. I tested everything and i cant find the reason.



IMG_2143.png
 
I am so sorry about the tang.
How big is the fish and how long have you had him?
I agree! All your numbers are good.
I would say something was wrong with him from the get go. To have hlle at such a young age is odd. Prob underlying condition and nothing you did.
Thank you for your reply guys. However this thread is from april!. I already got a big happy fat hippo tang 4”+ from marine collectors thats living life! Thank you
 
Thank you for your reply guys. However this thread is from april!. I already got a big happy fat hippo tang 4”+ from marine collectors thats living life! Thank you
Great to hear. Hippo's are awesome fish for sure!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new