OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a dozen small ones left on our site if you're in the US. Or my next batch is going to be available around late May.
I’ve ordered it right when it became in stock! Coming in tomorrow. Do I need to quarantine it?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to biota's portal. They have a few left. Will go quickly though.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered it right when it became in stock! Coming in tomorrow. Do I need to quarantine it?

This is going to depend on your setup and risk. My preference for all fish I receive directly from Biota is to isolate them in my refugium since I can take it offline and observe. This gives me a chance to see what food it prefers in a calmer environment. I do not dip, bath, or use any harsh treatments since it is coming directly to me from them and their biosecure environment. This works for me.

From their FAQ:
Do I need to quarantine your fish?

Although our distribution facility is biosecure and we only receive shipments from our breeders, we do suggest all hobbyists quarantine livestock regardless of vendor. It is good practice to ensure you're only adding the healthiest and most ready livestock to your display aquarium. We do advise against prophylactically treating with harsh treatments as some of our livestock is sensitive to specific treatments.

We highly advise against immediately treating our animals when they arrive. Please give a few days to allow them to acclimate to their new surroundings before prophylactically treating you do decide to treat.

If you have questions about quarantining our livestock please do not hesitate to reach out to our support email at [email protected]

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to depend on your setup and risk. My preference for all fish I receive directly from Biota is to isolate them in my refugium since I can take it offline and observe. This gives me a chance to see what food it prefers in a calmer environment. I do not dip, bath, or use any harsh treatments since it is coming directly to me from them and their biosecure environment. This works for me.

From their FAQ:
Do I need to quarantine your fish?

Although our distribution facility is biosecure and we only receive shipments from our breeders, we do suggest all hobbyists quarantine livestock regardless of vendor. It is good practice to ensure you're only adding the healthiest and most ready livestock to your display aquarium. We do advise against prophylactically treating with harsh treatments as some of our livestock is sensitive to specific treatments.

We highly advise against immediately treating our animals when they arrive. Please give a few days to allow them to acclimate to their new surroundings before prophylactically treating you do decide to treat.

If you have questions about quarantining our livestock please do not hesitate to reach out to our support email at [email protected]
thank you! That’s a great idea. I might just leave it in the sump until it starts eating .

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 101 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back