Birds nest growing into itself.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cpoynter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cpoynter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
197
Reaction score
274
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birdsnest has a branch that’s about to grow into another branch. Is this a problem? Should I “prune” it?
 
Kind of what birds nest does hence the name
 
Gotcha. Guess I didn’t think of that. This one is growing like crazy.
That’s good as it is a hardy coral. Light and water flow often dictate in what manner the tips will grow
 
I have a Fluval evo 13.5 with the stock light to which I’ve added two 12” Truelumen actinic lights. I was under the impression that with this setup, birdsnest & other SPS would grow, but not that quickly. My acro & monitpora digitata are growing well, but the birdsnest is absolutely out of control.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new