Birdsnest growth, lacking flesh

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryengoth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
456
Reaction score
212
Location
Wilmington, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a frag several weeks ago, from the LFS. It had nice polyp extension until I put it too close to the lights and bleached the top half. I moved to the floor immediately and slowly repositioned over a couple of weeks, to just above mid-level. The bottom was still showing flesh at that point and began to sprout branches. Now, it's growing still and producing lots and lots of branches but I don't see much polyp extension. Is this normal for structural growth? It's obviously still alive since I can see calcium growth happening weekly across the entire frag. New branches are starting to bud as well but it's almost creme color now with no flesh color.
 
I'm seeing polyp growth now. phew! Still not much color, but I can see the polyp heads starting to grow out from the branches, even the new ones. It was fairly smooth on Monday.

bA0hsmp.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new