Bit the Coral bullet

Lbabylee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
23
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have now purchased my first corals. I have went thru all the acclimations.
Hollywood Stunner Chalise Coral
Mini max carpet anemone
Ricordea Red Mushrooms
Rasta Zoanthed

should I keep my AI Prime lighting down low and if so for how long? I am running blues this morning. Any suggestions or helpful tips for these Corals are welcome.
 
Just start them at the bottom of the tank and move them to where you want over the next few weeks. All that you mentioned are pretty easy and hardy.
Top tip for the mini maxi nem, if you want em to stay in one place, put it in a PVC cap. The kind you would cap off a pipe with. They usually stay in the cap and you can put em where you like
 
He was actually in a tube. But he came out of it and while trying to catch him, he wouldn’t stay in the tube. He would melt right thru it. I ended up putting him on a rock at top. I can tell he is stressed. is It ok to leave him for awhile until he don’t feel as stressed then move him?
 
The AI Prime should have an acclimation setting you can use. You can ask the person you bought them from about the lighting schedule the coral are used to as well.
 
The AI Prime should have an acclimation setting you can use. You can ask the person you bought them from about the lighting schedule the coral are used to as well.
These corals come from my LFS. They have also been under AI Primes.
 
These corals come from my LFS. They have also been under AI Primes.
If you want to, you can ask them if they will share their settings with you. You wouldn't have worry if the coral are getting to much light or not enough light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new