Black Blenny Help!

aquarist.lindsey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! black blenny has got something going on around its side. what do you think it could be? rock scratch? fish bite? bacterial infection? flukes? lymphocytes? any help would be appreciated!

ammonia 0.0
nitrite 0.0
nitrate 10
ph 8.2
temp 77°
salinity 1.025

i’m curious about it being the cause of a bite because of the bicolor blenny also in the tank. i didnt think they two would be a problem (75 gallon with over 70 lbs of rock) but still entertaining that possibility! thanks!

3CD5EDF3-823E-49A2-8F9A-2252C14BFCA1.png

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could we get a clearer picture please? I cant tell whats bubbles and whats the white spots you speak of. Params look good though. Did you QT this fish? How many other fish?

OP
OP
aquarist.lindsey

aquarist.lindsey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could we get a clearer picture please? I cant tell whats bubbles and whats the white spots you speak of. Params look good though. Did you QT this fish? How many other fish?
Sorry, this video may help!

Did not QT (i know we should have) and there are 7 other fish in the tank.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, this video may help!

Did not QT (i know we should have) and there are 7 other fish in the tank.

Yes it does seem to have some white spots around its head. I would try and quarantine that fish immediatly just to be safe, make sure you're feeding it properly, giving it lots of nutritious foods. As for the spots themselves, it does seem to be ich if im not mistaken. First I would just seperate the fish from the others into a different tank, and then just feed it properly for a few days. Problems like this can arise easily if the fish arent receiving enough nutrition to build up their immune systems. Actually, I would go ahead and make sure all of your fish are getting proper nutrition, because if that is ich, some particles will have detached from the fish already and begun spawning in the sandbed, until they release their spores and infect the other fish. If the others receive proper foods and vitamins they can build up their immune systems so that they can fight off the ich.

OP
OP
aquarist.lindsey

aquarist.lindsey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does seem to have some white spots around its head. I would try and quarantine that fish immediatly just to be safe, make sure you're feeding it properly, giving it lots of nutritious foods. As for the spots themselves, it does seem to be ich if im not mistaken. First I would just seperate the fish from the others into a different tank, and then just feed it properly for a few days. Problems like this can arise easily if the fish arent receiving enough nutrition to build up their immune systems. Actually, I would go ahead and make sure all of your fish are getting proper nutrition, because if that is ich, some particles will have detached from the fish already and begun spawning in the sandbed, until they release their spores and infect the other fish. If the others receive proper foods and vitamins they can build up their immune systems so that they can fight off the ich.
Okay, thank you so much for the help!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back