Black dots under trachy flesh

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what these little black specks under trachy flesh are? There seem to be more this afternoon than this morning and don’t seem to be moving. This trachy was doing really well until about a week ago when I added more live sand to the tank. The tissue has been tight to the skeleton most of the day while my two other trachys are fine (I know it has exposed skeleton, I bought it that way on accident). Wondering if these black spots are the cause. I plan on dipping today. First pic is what it usually looks like second pic was this morning third pic was just now.

*frogspawn and frammer are ticked because I just moved them. Not worried about them.

I can post params if you think it’s unrelated to the black spots.
IMG_8446.jpeg
IMG_0112.jpeg
IMG_0126.jpeg

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After dipping I noticed a new section of exposed skeleton that might be in the picture, I can’t tell. I’m wondering if something is eating it. A week ago I noticed this white cord coming off it but didn’t want to stress. This is exactly where the skeleton is exposed now. First picture is from a week ago of the white cord, Second is now (after dipping).
IMG_0135.png
IMG_0140.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back