Black Friday 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year you mentioned that once an item goes on sale, it won't be further discounted as we get further into Black Friday. Is that the case this year too or items that are already discounted could potentially see a larger discount when the real Black Friday weekend starts?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange, don’t seem to be getting any of the notification emails this year. I signed up a couple of times just to be sure, but no emails from BRS... anyone else getting them?
I'm getting them, just this morning one came in for "20% Off Hanna HiReef2 + 15% Off Black Friday Sales Event"

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice BRS raised prices just before the Black Friday sales this year? I always jot down the prices a week before to see what my savings are. Things like r/o filter replacement kits and 7 pound bags of supplements went up by $1 each from a week ago.

Xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone else notice BRS raised prices just before the Black Friday sales this year? I always jot down the prices a week before to see what my savings are. Things like r/o filter replacement kits and 7 pound bags of supplements went up by $1 each from a week ago.
Really!? If true that’s kind of shady. Tsk tsk tsk.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really!? If true that’s kind of shady. Tsk tsk tsk.

Potentially, but also potentially not. If the price goes up before the sale, and then comes back down after the sale... yeah, that's a little shady.

Price increases are a real thing though, and a lot of times retailers and/or manufacturers will time them to coincide with a sale of some type to blunt the impact of the price increase temporarily. It's not just a money-grubbing thing - material prices go up, labor prices go up, governments might slap tariffs on the items... lots of things go into a price increase, and rarely is it because we want to make more money. We'd rather keep the price where it was and maintain the same margins, but usually we're forced to raise the price as margins shrink. You can only let those margins shrink for so long before you either raise the price or go out of business.

BW1199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I noticed the same thing when comparing my last order of DI resin to the current price before the discount.

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems the current door buster of coral amino with free reef blizzard costs more than the coral amino without it. I must be cofused because how does it cost more after a free add on?
47C80BC5-1EE5-4C60-B1ED-2E004E1B52FD.png

53461B2B-471F-495C-9DB9-925A9E3B746B.png

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems the current door buster of coral amino with free reef blizzard costs more than the coral amino without it. I must be cofused because how does it cost more after a free add on?
47C80BC5-1EE5-4C60-B1ED-2E004E1B52FD.png

53461B2B-471F-495C-9DB9-925A9E3B746B.png
The door buster is the free item. If you look, the prices align with the pre sale prices of the normal amino. You do not get the sale price and the free gift, you pick one or the other.

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg Doorbusters will run the length of the sale, or until they run out. Exceptions would be MAP brands that may have restrictions to the dates.
Any reason why the DI resin (a doorbuster released Monday) B2G1 was only for a day? In the past doorbusters all ran until the end of the sale or when inventory ran out. I was waiting until other items went on sale so I could place one order instead of multiple. Kind of makes sense from the BRS side to reduce outbound shipping traffic.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason why the DI resin (a doorbuster released Monday) B2G1 was only for a day? In the past doorbusters all ran until the end of the sale or when inventory ran out. I was waiting until other items went on sale so I could place one order instead of multiple. Kind of makes sense from the BRS side to reduce outbound shipping traffic.

@HKAVR45 Sorry for any confusion. This year there are a few daily BOGO deals that are being run on smaller consumable products as extra little deals. These BOGO type deals will only be running for one day.

-Zack@BRS

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HKAVR45 Sorry for any confusion. This year there are a few daily BOGO deals that are being run on smaller consumable products as extra little deals. These BOGO type deals will only be running for one day.

-Zack@BRS

Then it should probably be mentioned on the product's page. The Dr. Tim's (today's B2G1 doorbuster) makes no mention of a 1 day sale.

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to Order something with UPS 2nd day delivery, and its showing estimated del of 12/5. That doesnt seem right unless BRS isnt working till Tuesday??? Anyone know if things are shipping tomorrow (Friday) or not until Tuesday?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to Order something with UPS 2nd day delivery, and its showing estimated del of 12/5. That doesnt seem right unless BRS isnt working till Tuesday??? Anyone know if things are shipping tomorrow (Friday) or not until Tuesday?

UPS does start to get pretty busy this time of year and may be padding their delivery estimates a little. Today is also technically a shipping holiday for them, so based on that they aren't reflecting package movements for Friday. That said, they seem to be erring on the side of caution and underpromising/overdelivering, which means the packages may very well get there before the estimated delivery date.

We're still actively picking and packing orders and getting them on the trucks, so after that it's on UPS and their service commitments.

-Zack@BRS

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back