black PVC pipe

33delia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a free (old) 125 g tank, it has 2 holes cut for returns in the bottom of the tanks. The background is black...does anyone know of black Pipe I could use for the return pipping inside the tank. i don't want to use white PVC. or other suggestions

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells SCH 40 in Black, although the smaller diameters under 1" are currently out of stock. Not sure what size you need tho. If dark grey can suffice SCH 80 should be plentiful locally and online.

Danduhman113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second BRS. Also I've found a few selections of other vibrant color fittings on ebay

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home depot
Aquarium Specialty
Formufit.com (Actual makers of colored PVC pipe)
Bulk Reef Supply

Seem to be the top vendors for Coloured PVC, I've only used Formufit myself for pipe and fittings. I did however buy white furniture fittings from BRS and was pretty disappointed with how grimy they were. Took a lot of work to get them clean again. Ordered white ones from Formufit and they all came in spotless and vacuum bagged to stay that way.

BRS only offers the 46" long pipe as well, where I believe the other vendors are all 60" lengths so keep that in mind when looking at prices.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Home depot
Aquarium Specialty
Formufit.com (Actual makers of colored PVC pipe)
Bulk Reef Supply

Seem to be the top vendors for Coloured PVC, I've only used Formufit myself for pipe and fittings. I did however buy white furniture fittings from BRS and was pretty disappointed with how grimy they were. Took a lot of work to get them clean again. Ordered white ones from Formufit and they all came in spotless and vacuum bagged to stay that way.

BRS only offers the 46" long pipe as well, where I believe the other vendors are all 60" lengths so keep that in mind when looking at prices.

Wow! I had not heard of formufit. Im in the process of gathering plumbing supplies and im soo glad i stumbled across this thread. Ill be ordering my pipe direct from them! Thanks again!

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I had not heard of formufit. Im in the process of gathering plumbing supplies and im soo glad i stumbled across this thread. Ill be ordering my pipe direct from them! Thanks again!

Awesome stuff! Glad to share, I'll also add that if you are looking for larger QTY's of pipe, Formufit has a second website called Formufit Direct. They sell 100' bundles of colored PVC for dirt cheap. You can also get lengths of up to 8 Feet long. Bulk QTY'S of fittings as well, although they are usually in 50+ range, I don't think anyone needs 50+ 90° elbows for there setup, atleast I hope they don't ;Bored

yOdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious but can’t it be painting if it’s cosmetic? I understand if it’s inside the tank. I’m thinking of just plumbing mines and spray paint black but mine is outside. Other may chime in if that’s ok as it’s my first time since I can’t get 3/4 black pvc at Home Depot either

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious but can’t it be painting if it’s cosmetic? I understand if it’s inside the tank. I’m thinking of just plumbing mines and spray paint black but mine is outside. Other may chime in if that’s ok as it’s my first time since I can’t get 3/4 black pvc at Home Depot either

Sure can paint it, Krylon Fusion paint will stick to PVC no problem as long as its cleaned.

Another option.... apparently Formufit is only selling pipe in 2 packs now which is a relatively recent change...

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savako plastic sells alot of aquarium based pvc. Black and pvc fittings lockline. I almost did black. But black compared to white was 65 more dollars.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back