Black sponge at trachy base, is it a Good or bad one?

Broberg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Denmark
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Can anyone tell me if this is a good or a bad sponge? The Black one. It is at the base of my trachy, so dont Think i Can move the coral away from the sponge and it is my favorite coral 😬

att.VA_cvenHZIk-Lo8_S0UEppc_ELkG5rZMB1mLVhd7wTA.jpeg
 
How do you know that it is a sponge?

@Broberg
If I was to guess, I would guess black Cynobacteria. Have you tried gravel vac?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new