Black spots on coral

lexikitten15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m posting for my sister because she got a new coral in and said it’s a pocillopora Fiji pink coral. I noticed it was getting black spots and looks like it’s missing polyps where the spots are appearing. Could this be due to lighting or flow of the water? Stress? I’m still learning about reef aquariums but I think she should move it from where she has it. If anyone has some information that would help, that would be most appreciated

IMG_7353.jpeg
 
Those spots are where the polyps have receded, the coral is suffering and that white spot is where its starting to die.

The coral looks brown, I think its not getting enough light or flow.

Can you tell us more about your set up? Type of lights and intensity, type of flow, and what are the water parameters? How old is the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new