OP
OP
Lynn52

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now on day 4 of PraziPro treatment I have seen a reduction of black spots in the fish and both fish in QT are continuing to eat well and are swimming normally. I'll do a water change and redose on Thursday.

OP
OP
Lynn52

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done 2 doses of PraziPro, on the 5th and the 12th. Finally the black spots are all gone. There are still some small divots on his skin where the worms were attached. How long should I wait to move the fish out of QT. They've now been in QT for almost 2 months.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done 2 doses of PraziPro, on the 5th and the 12th. Finally the black spots are all gone. There are still some small divots on his skin where the worms were attached. How long should I wait to move the fish out of QT. They've now been in QT for almost 2 months.

I'd give it another 2 weeks just to be sure.

dvbrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad, I came across this... I just dosed my first time... everyone says prazi pro is reef safe. Immediately after I medicated all of my sps pulled in their polyps. The remaining xenia looks as if I will finally be rid if it... nothing I can do about it now. Not going to stress about it. I guess we will see what survives and what doesnt...

Do you have any additional updates on your experience. Did you have coral in your tank. I unfortunately had no choice but to dose my DT.

OP
OP
Lynn52

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this in a bare bottom quarantine tank. The had not been in my display tank yet.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad, I came across this... I just dosed my first time... everyone says prazi pro is reef safe. Immediately after I medicated all of my sps pulled in their polyps. The remaining xenia looks as if I will finally be rid if it... nothing I can do about it now. Not going to stress about it. I guess we will see what survives and what doesnt...

Do you have any additional updates on your experience. Did you have coral in your tank. I unfortunately had no choice but to dose my DT.

I'll say that after dosing prazi in my display all my monti's faded in color. They bounced back and I didn't lose a single coral, but they did look crappy for a bit.

dvbrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a little bit of a relief. Did you do a water change before and if you did a second dose... between doses?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a little bit of a relief. Did you do a water change before and if you did a second dose... between doses?

I did only two doses- which is one full round of prazi. There was a water change the day before the second dose. Though my reef survived it, I have been treating for flukes in QT before the fish go into the DT from then on.

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has been awesome. Just picked up a yellow tang from a LFS and I think after the move it became really pronounced. I have no lps but I have star polyps, Xenia, and a bubble tip. I hope they all survive

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note I suppliment my tank with vibrancy and reef fuel by aquavitro. Should I stop feeding that to the tank for now?

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1478982281.014058.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note I suppliment my tank with vibrancy and reef fuel by aquavitro. Should I stop feeding that to the tank for now?

If you plan on dosing Prazipro, I would stop using all additives for the time being.

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried catching my yellow tang norbit and was unsuccessful. Felt like I was doing more harm then good. Looks like I'm just going to have to wait for the prazipro to get in. No fresh water bath for Norbit

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back