Blackfoot clowns

Bitis Botanical

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
65
Location
Columbia, SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're extremely shy at the moment but one of my holy grails arrived yesterday, wc A. nigripes. The name is getting bolder but the only way I can see my female is to sneak my phone around the corner and take a video

I have the QT tank divided because there were supposed to be two pair, waiting to hear back from the dealer on what happened there but the pair that did arrive seems healthy and well acclimated. The plan for them after QT is a dedicated display with a magnifica, I've had great luck with LTA and BT in my stock biocubes but from all I've read here I suspect I'll have to upgrade the lighting for mags, it seems like even if I get them up high in the tank they'll probably want more so my next project will be building an LED array to suit them and getting that tank established while the blackfoots are quarantined.

 
I can't see the video. Do you have any pictures?

They won't sit still long enough for a decent picture yet lol

Screenshot_20240613_132357_Gallery.jpg
 
My first pair have adopted an LTA and the male in particular has become much more confident. The female is still a bit skittish but at least now she stays put in the nem instead of dashing to the back corner of the tank and tossing sand everywhere.

Screenshot_20240620_184646_Gallery.jpg

The second pair arrived this morning and seem to be a bit easier going so far, they have stayed out in the open and don't seem as intimidated by people.

Screenshot_20240620_184815_Gallery.jpg

And a trio of magnifica arrived yesterday, they're in qt for cipro treatment.

Screenshot_20240620_184844_Gallery.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new