Bleach Question: Clorox Germicidal Bleach, safe to use?

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R. Finding bleach without additives (colorguard, no-splash, etc) has become pretty difficult. I think I may have finally found it in Staples. They sell Clorox "Germicidal Bleach" which is concentrated at 8.25%.

I understand that I need to be slightly more careful with it because of the strength, but I'm still a little worried that it may have some other additives in it. It doesn't look like it (from the size 0.5 font on the label, anyways) and I emailed Clorox about it. I will post back if get an answer. Just curious if anyone has used this particular product before.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R. Finding bleach without additives (colorguard, no-splash, etc) has become pretty difficult. I think I may have finally found it in Staples. They sell Clorox "Germicidal Bleach" which is concentrated at 8.25%.

I understand that I need to be slightly more careful with it because of the strength, but I'm still a little worried that it may have some other additives in it. It doesn't look like it (from the size 0.5 font on the label, anyways) and I emailed Clorox about it. I will post back if get an answer. Just curious if anyone has used this particular product before.
I’ve not used that. Lately, I’ve only found Gordon food service bleach to be 5.25% sodium hypochlorite without surfactants or perfumes. Very frustrating!
Jay

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies! Sounds like there are no issues with it and I'll have to remember to check a dollar store too in the future. Thanks all.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back