Bleached anemones support

Ireland.Escada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spontaneously picked up an anemone from pet co. I went in for a fish and came out with the anemone. I had yet to research them. One person on here stated my anemone was bleached. It is not totally white and there is a shade of slight green.

maybe it is not 100% bleached.

is there anything I can do to help him get some more color back besides hunting down another anemone and cutting it up and feeding it to my anemone?

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Ireland.Escada

Ireland.Escada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spontaneously picked up an anemone from pet co. I went in for a fish and came out with the anemone. I had yet to research them. One person on here stated my anemone was bleached. It is not totally white and there is a shade of slight green.

maybe it is not 100% bleached.

is there anything I can do to help him get some more color back besides hunting down another anemone and cutting it up and feeding it to my anemone?

image.jpg image.jpg
I am using the Fluval sea light with factory settings for color boost. I also am fighting high phosphate and nitrates. I have been doing small multiple times a week water changes. I am getting the water from a local fish store (not pet co)

bestfishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted if he fully recovers! If hes not on the move, and takes food then you have a good chance. Good luck.

OP
OP
Ireland.Escada

Ireland.Escada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to get another scan disk test today. The purple cyno stopped last week. My tank was totally purple and then it just ended. I think the tank was cycling from adding and taking things out. Thanks for the information.

I am going to the LFS and having them help with the lighting. I am going to see if I can get a par meter.

here is a new photo.

Attachments

• C1DB672B-3E60-40F2-957D-30FBF5EF6396.jpeg
    C1DB672B-3E60-40F2-957D-30FBF5EF6396.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 47

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your anemone does look some what bleached, but otherwise appears to be healthy and should regaun its color over time. Most LFS, Petco included do not keep their anemones under enough light. Anemones love a lot of light. I am not familiar with your light specificly, although i suspect it may be on the low side. Hopefully someone else can give fead back on that. Lighting also depends on the size of your tank, mounting height and you ligthe settings and schedule.
You did not say what you phosphates or nitrates are at. High is very subjective. Anemones require some phosphate and will tolerate fairly high leveks. BTAs use nitrate as a food source and do will in high nitrates. O have kept them in tanks with nitrates over 120 in the past. I recommend a minimum of 10-29 for nitrate.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back