Bleached corals , are they dead ?

Salmanmhd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the story goes like this, I have been on a vacation for 10 days . My tank is 4 month old and the parameters have been stable .my brother took care of baby sitting while I'm away and tank is doing fine all this long except for ugly phase with different algae ( dino,red cyano). While I come back I notice all my corals are bleached including anemone and Duncan coral. Rushed and checked water parameters which are stable,I have tried coral Dippin for frags and then placed them back in tank until later I figure out the all in one tank which had water moving from chamber one to chamber 3 was blocked by huge sponge in chamber 2 which came with fluval 13.5 all in one system and it had to block return pump which later blew thin air and no water for atleast last 2 or 3 days.

It's either that or the AC which I shut in summer, and exces high temp of tank .forgive me for my mistakes as I'm new to hobby ,but the question is what should I do with the corals,I'm not sure if they are dead, anemone rarely opens up to even its 50 percent and is all bleached . Duncan has been closed too and bleached.

What should I do with it, should I remove it or use different tank to try save them ?

20210720_234233.jpg

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your tank stable and see how it goes
I have seen corals come back from the dead. As long as they have some zoo deep inside they can come back.
Monti bleached 3 years ago and came to life this year.

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back