Bleached mushroom maybe?

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a mushroom recently i believe its a ricordia and introduced it to the tank and so on. Then started reading about it and one of the common things is is for them to bleach and trun white but the green will stay. With out knowing the one i bought from the store just so happened to look like that and of course i bought it with out knowing but i mainly want to ask you guys, one if it really is bleached, two if its dead or dying or if that means it is, three if i can bring it back at all.? Any help or advice needed.

But to avoid confusion it was like this already before i bought it.

Ps sorry its the only picture i have until i get back home this afternoon.

20170704_222335.jpg

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks bleached to me. Corals will sometimes retain their fluorescent pigments even when bleached. I would try target feeding to give it some energy in the meantime

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had
Looks bleached to me. Corals will sometimes retain their fluorescent pigments even when bleached. I would try target feeding to give it some energy in the meantime
Him for few days and he opens and closes regularly like day and noght even when my snails crawl on him but what can i target feed him mysis or reef plankton? And how often?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%

Back