Blenny/goby ID?

Picasso Clown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
255
Reaction score
269
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught this guy perching on a rock. Very slimy, no scales, and does poorly in air so not a mudskipper or anything like that. Caught in Florida, on some jetties. Coloration is a little dulled cause obviously he’s a bit traumatized even though I was pretty gentle. If I can get an ID, aggression, general behavior (do they need sand? I found him on a large boulder), diet, and minimum tank size/max fish size that’d be great! Thanks to all who respond :)
898A7241-6BD0-4BCB-9683-0F64799A89D7.jpeg
39BC3F59-0FD9-46EB-8C98-027350191668.jpeg
B19F0941-D5F6-4E04-961E-25A0A59818B4.jpeg
 
That definitely looks like a blenny, but I don’t know which one specifically. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
 
Bump, anybody recognize this dude?
 
Please yall, I’m begging now. I don’t wanna take something I can’t keep, I’d feel horrible if I found out I couldn’t properly house it after taking it from the ocean.
 
Depending on if the coloration gets better when it’s less stressed (Looks pale), kind of looks like a seaweed blenny to me
 
Nothing more than what google could tell you (or more experienced users here). I’ve never owned one personally so I would be able to speak on care. Sorry
 
I caught some green ones. Can’t find what they are either hahaha Did you find out what it is?
 
Seaweed blenny! Reef safe, he’s doing great and eating like a pig. Seems to be much like a lawnmower blenny except readily accepts meaty food items as well :)
Great! I’m on the way home with my new catches right now. I’ll post some pictures! They seem herbivorous as they’re Blennies obviously but also they lived amongst a whole bunch of seaweeds and loads of hair algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new