Bloated Tailspot Blenny

Laflew

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Burlington ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I have a Tailspot Blenny thats currently displaying a large belly after eating. His poops have been a bit stringy and whitish/green and I was just wanting to know if this is normal for them. He was just added to the tank about 3 weeks ago from my quarantine tank and had no symptoms like this until he was put in the display tank. He's eating omega one veggie pellets, spirulina mysis from hikari, and the occasional algae wafer. The tank is about 7 months old so there is a bit of algae for him to graze on. I'll add some pictures of the chubby little guy. Thanks a lot!

355582406_6040058396120867_7628858935671736415_n.jpg 354566147_951725799381233_9153277761990600809_n.jpg
 
Hi there! I have a Tailspot Blenny thats currently displaying a large belly after eating. His poops have been a bit stringy and whitish/green and I was just wanting to know if this is normal for them. He was just added to the tank about 3 weeks ago from my quarantine tank and had no symptoms like this until he was put in the display tank. He's eating omega one veggie pellets, spirulina mysis from hikari, and the occasional algae wafer. The tank is about 7 months old so there is a bit of algae for him to graze on. I'll add some pictures of the chubby little guy. Thanks a lot!

355582406_6040058396120867_7628858935671736415_n.jpg 354566147_951725799381233_9153277761990600809_n.jpg
Either well fed or constipated. Feed it brine shrimp which acts as a laxative.
Is it eating and breathing normal, not labored?
Whitish/green feces suggest a combo of algae and excess mucus in stomach.
 
Either well fed or constipated. Feed it brine shrimp which acts as a laxative.
Is it eating and breathing normal, not labored?
Whitish/green feces suggest a combo of algae and excess mucus in stomach.
Will do, ill switch him to brine shrimp and see how he is. Thank you for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new