Blood Red Fire Shrimp Attack blue tang

Samwilliam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fire red shrimp attack the blue tang happen?
I saw Blue Tang lying down in the cave and the fire shrimp over it like pictures

IMG_0526.jpeg IMG_0525.png IMG_0527.jpeg

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have experience with owning blue tangs, but chances are that it decided to go to sleep in the cave and the shrimp just decided to clean it.
On an unrelated note, the Linckia laevigata sea star is known to be almost impossible to keep alive in captivity (though I have seen success from those who target feed) and may not be an animal you want to keep.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have experience with owning blue tangs, but chances are that it decided to go to sleep in the cave and the shrimp just decided to clean it.
On an unrelated note, the Linckia laevigata sea star is known to be almost impossible to keep alive in captivity (though I have seen success from those who target feed) and may not be an animal you want to keep.
Blue tangs are super weird in where they sleep. Love to sleep on their side in a crack usually

OP
OP
S

Samwilliam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Linckia laevigatasea star last Wednesday from Petco

OP
OP
S

Samwilliam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh the shrimp is trying to help him, they eat parasites off fish
I was afraid he might kill it.

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Linckia laevigatasea star last Wednesday from Petco
Sorry to hijack the thread, but if you plan on keeping this sea star, I have heard that temporarily moving them into something like a breeder box (to give them time to locate food without having other organisms steal it) may work out. I have heard reports of Linckia laevigata eating meaty foods (ex. frozen mysis), dying coral tissue, and Aquilonastra/Asterina hitchhiker sea stars besides the usual biofilm.
@livinlifeinBKK
@AydenLincoln

OP
OP
S

Samwilliam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack the thread, but if you plan on keeping this sea star, I have heard that temporarily moving them into something like a breeder box (to give them time to locate food without having other organisms steal it) may work out. I have heard reports of Linckia laevigata eating meaty foods (ex. frozen mysis), dying coral tissue, and Aquilonastra/Asterina hitchhiker sea stars besides the usual biofilm.
@livinlifeinBKK
@AydenLincoln
Thanks for the advice, I will do more research on this

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@livinlifeinBKK
@AydenLincoln
I would not recommend a linckia due to difficulty and sensitivity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back