Blotched Anthias - swimming behavior seems odd

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of juvenile blotched anthias and concerned that they may have bladder infection. i had a square anthias months ago in my QT and it was eating fine but it was swimming similar to these guys (see video). I am being told by the guy I purchased from that blotched anthias swim a bit strange. Let me know if I am crazy here :). but seems strange to me for them to swim this way. They are both eating, but so did my square anthias but died after a month.

Attachments

• blotched anthias.mp4
    395.8 KB · Views: 0
Corals.com
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
hmm.. weird. the video worked when I posted. I will maybe try to compress video or take a good picture. If I was to explain the swimming behavior, at certain times the fish seem to be more vertical swimming.

OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
so, most likely they are fine ... I am asking because I had a square anthias that was swimming strange, almost like these guys and then it died because it had bladder issues. I paid quite a bit for these guys and before my warranty time is over I want to make sure they are OK for the most part.

Top Shelf Aquatics

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can't really see what you're worried about. The video is really small. I have 3 borbs and they swim super weird. They swim vertical, horizontal. Sometimes they go upside down under our rock overhangs. They're super quirky, but I love them. We're had them since April of this year.

Can you house your most favorite ocean creature in your home aquarium?

• Yes and I do!

Votes: 56 15.5%
  • Yes but I don't have one

Votes: 65 18.0%
  • Yes but it would be illegal

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Yes but you would need a HUGE aquarium

Votes: 60 16.6%
  • No but I wish

Votes: 147 40.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 4.4%