Blotched Anthias - swimming behavior seems odd

AquAttila

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
324
Reaction score
163
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a pair of juvenile blotched anthias and concerned that they may have bladder infection. i had a square anthias months ago in my QT and it was eating fine but it was swimming similar to these guys (see video). I am being told by the guy I purchased from that blotched anthias swim a bit strange. Let me know if I am crazy here :-). but seems strange to me for them to swim this way. They are both eating, but so did my square anthias but died after a month.
 

Attachments

  • blotched anthias.mp4
    395.8 KB
hmm.. weird. the video worked when I posted. I will maybe try to compress video or take a good picture. If I was to explain the swimming behavior, at certain times the fish seem to be more vertical swimming.
 
Worked for me, looked normal,,,, what do u think is odd?
 
so, most likely they are fine ... I am asking because I had a square anthias that was swimming strange, almost like these guys and then it died because it had bladder issues. I paid quite a bit for these guys and before my warranty time is over I want to make sure they are OK for the most part.
 
Can't really see what you're worried about. The video is really small. I have 3 borbs and they swim super weird. They swim vertical, horizontal. Sometimes they go upside down under our rock overhangs. They're super quirky, but I love them. We're had them since April of this year.
 
ok, great. makes me feel much better. appreciate the response.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new