Blotched Anthias - swimming behavior seems odd

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a pair of juvenile blotched anthias and concerned that they may have bladder infection. i had a square anthias months ago in my QT and it was eating fine but it was swimming similar to these guys (see video). I am being told by the guy I purchased from that blotched anthias swim a bit strange. Let me know if I am crazy here :). but seems strange to me for them to swim this way. They are both eating, but so did my square anthias but died after a month.

Attachments

• blotched anthias.mp4
    395.8 KB
OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm.. weird. the video worked when I posted. I will maybe try to compress video or take a good picture. If I was to explain the swimming behavior, at certain times the fish seem to be more vertical swimming.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, most likely they are fine ... I am asking because I had a square anthias that was swimming strange, almost like these guys and then it died because it had bladder issues. I paid quite a bit for these guys and before my warranty time is over I want to make sure they are OK for the most part.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really see what you're worried about. The video is really small. I have 3 borbs and they swim super weird. They swim vertical, horizontal. Sometimes they go upside down under our rock overhangs. They're super quirky, but I love them. We're had them since April of this year.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, great. makes me feel much better. appreciate the response.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back