Blue acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Purple corals are also something you may want to look into as well

Here's a few that are my favorite blues---

Navy Blue Tort--
Navy tort monsters R .jpg

navy tort  colony 102618 R.jpg



Oregon Tort (left)and Navy Tort for comparison. I'd opt for both
Oregon & Navy Tort comparison.jpg


Skinny Love
skinny love 2.0 middle one 051825.jpg


Copps Turquoise Hoeki
Copps Hoeki two 101123.jpg
I've never even heard of or seen any coral called a "Navy blue tort". Where did this piece come from and how long has it been around?
 
I got this frag from Adam BC and it’s bluer than my Oregon Tort and Sniper. Believe it’s called Shockwave. Really nice one.

IMG_7455.jpeg

Interesting. I have this piece as well and find it to be quite a dark and vibrant purple.

I did have another on from BC (but I don't know that it was his specifically) names the "Blue Matrix". That thing was a crazy blue! Unfortunately I killed it and last I asked him he didn't have. Look it up, it's a stunner.
 
I've never even heard of or seen any coral called a "Navy blue tort". Where did this piece come from and how long has it been around?

It's a tort I bought way back in 2003...........was sold as a Oregon Tort which it wasn't. It has a very deep blue color through out it's body as well as the polyps.

I named it Big E Navy Blue Tort because it's not the same and an original.
 
Paletta Blue is another very blue acro with deep iridescent highlights. I haven't seen another as blue, even Oregon Tort's.

1779711620482.png

Wow, that's truly old school..........I remember that coral way back when Garf introduced it and very few acros were around to buy at that time.
 
How about blue and purple with yellow polyps?

IMG_7098.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new