Blue Cap on Maxi-Doser Keeps Loosening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had problems with the blue cap on the Maxi-Doser loosening? I'm wondering if there are any tricks for keeping this from happening or if I have a defective one. @Vinny@GHLUSA
This has happened to me several times and I just snap it back on. It feels tight after snapping it, but this is probably the 3d or 4th time it has happened since I started using it 4 months ago.

Some may recall my post a while back about water siphoning through the tubing of the Maxi pump causing my sump level to rise. For the longest time, before I discovered the siphoning, I thought my ATO system and/or ATO programming was at fault. Then, I discovered the siphoning problem and eventually learned that the reason for the siphoning was because of the cap loosening and the tube on the wheel shifting.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps popping off check both locking tabs and see if they are properly formed. Also check the holes they go in for obstructions.

It can take a little bit of force pushing the locking tabs into their slots and locking.

If it’s a new unit file a ticket and get them to warranty replace the head.

If it’s a older unit, A replacement GHL head cost about $15 more than the Apex DOS. They are interchangeable. Just keep the GHL wheel set and reuse it. The GHL is a 3 wheel and the DOS is a 2 wheel.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps popping off check both locking tabs and see if they are properly formed. Also check the holes they go in for obstructions.

It can take a little bit of force pushing the locking tabs into their slots and locking.

If it’s a new unit file a ticket and get them to warranty replace the head.

If it’s a older unit, A replacement GHL head cost about $15 more than the Apex DOS. They are interchangeable. Just keep the GHL wheel set and reuse it. The GHL is a 3 wheel and the DOS is a 2 wheel.
Good to know. Thank you!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back