blue carpet

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a blue carpet for a month now...when i got it its really healthy,attached into a rock right away....last week it decided to go deep in the rock through a cave so it stays there hidden for a whole day and night..the next day it tried to come out but i feel like its having a hard time so i helped it and lift the rock and it got out..
so everything was ok..until the other night i look in my tank and the carpet was fully open,after i went and do something i came back and saw it shrunk and mouth is wide open...deflated and very small..i had a hard time sleeping and i keep checking the carpet in the tank all night,it inflated but then its foot was dettach,its trying to move...right now it looks fine but then im not sure if its foot is attach to anything...

the only thing im worried about is,it havent ate since i got it...its sticky and open really good mouth is tight but it wont eat...
i have a mini red carpet and everytime i put food on it,it will readily accept it and eat..the blue carpet dont...i put cut up raw shrimp but it just sticks in the tentacles and thats it,it doesnt fold up or put it in its mouth....

should i worry?everytime i feed the tank i just squirt some mysis and krill on the blue carpet....but i doubt if its eating...

any info and input will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i havent checked my params will do tomorrow...i wanna ask if thats what they do when they expel waste,if the mouth gapes wide open and shrinks really small...right now its back to normal and appears to be very healthy,mouth is tight...and also wanna know if its ok for it not to eat for a while?will it be fine with just light?i have a clownfish that host it...
my other carpet is doing ok..all corals are fine thats why i didnt really check my params....
thanks

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of flow and lighting?

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 250w mh and t5's...i have 2 mp10's..i have it to i would say medium flow...

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok..i tried feeding it cut up raw shrimp and it ate but it didnt fold up or close..i put the shrimpnear the mouth and the mouth just puckered up to reach the food..it took like 5-10 mins for it to completely swallow the food

and heres my mini red carpet eating too,took just seconds to swallow the shrimp..

does this mean that my blue carpet is weak to even fold up to eat?
it already attached its foot to the bottom by the rockwork..

thanks

Attachments

• DSC07518.jpg
    DSC07518.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC07529.jpg
    DSC07529.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC07521.jpg
    DSC07521.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC07520.jpg