Rating - 0%
0   0   0

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
OP had mentioned the thread on r2r about treating with fenbendazole. I've posted there several times about my experience.

It works. Double tap with a second treatment after 4-5 weeks and be done with this stuff forever.

The problem with removing rock is that you'll never get all of it. Manual removal, like fighting bubble algae, is a losing cause, you just spread more of it around.

I have a mixed reef heavy on zoas with some sps, chalices, and a good number of shrooms. I lost my blue ridge coral I couldn't remove, all my kenya tree, chili corals and snails went into a holding tank. A single dose didn't get the job done on two separate occasions so that's why I went hard with the double tap. Its really truly gone. That being said, this stuff is dying in your tank and you're not running the skimmer for a few days. Your levels will get a little outta whack so for best results your tank needs to be completely dialed in before beginning. Also, you'll be without your snails for awhile so that's a factor- peppermint, cleaner shimp, sally light foots, blue and red leg hermit crabs were all unaffected.

If you have any questions feel free to PM.

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks for the info and i just removed all my snails and zoas and put them into another system i have. So i will start treatment tonight and see how it goes

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome thanks for the info and i just removed all my snails and zoas and put them into another system i have. So i will start treatment tonight and see how it goes

You don’t have to move the zoas unless it’s out of an abundance of caution. I treated with sensitive strains like Mohicans, as-kraks and wolverines palys with no losses nor ill effects.

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first dose when in this afternoon at 12pm and turned skimmer off. I will keep everyone posted and thanks for everyones help on R2R

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so after 24 hrs of the first dose the polyps are going down. And I can start to see live rock. I will post some pics soon

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
+1 on sarcothelia

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a few days the sarcothelia is going down and melting away so I finally see my live rock again. So after 4 days I did a 30% water change and did another dose of medicine.

Jason Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a few days the sarcothelia is going down and melting away so I finally see my live rock again. So after 4 days I did a 30% water change and did another dose of medicine.
Did you have any acons in your tank? I’m gearing up to do the same thing but I have a lot of higher end acons that I can’t remove .?
How are your SPS looking.?
How much did you dose for the size of your tank .

thanks man for the great thread.:)

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay all my high end acros and everything else were not affected at all. And all the sarcothelia are gone

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this post. Although dated to 2019, still very helpful. I am thinking of doing the treatment before the blue clove polyps get more out of control. Any advise by anyone that has done this? Other than remove snails?

danfee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for this post. Although dated to 2019, still very helpful. I am thinking of doing the treatment before the blue clove polyps get more out of control. Any advice by anyone that has done this? Other than remove snails?
Nassarius snails have to go i’d imagine? That gonna be a pain to remove all of them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back