Blue Damsels - Bullying Issues

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They call them blue devils for a reason.

Personally I don't think pulling them and putting them back will help, but give it a try. Firefish and chromis are pretty easy targets and won't fight back. The coral beauty should be able to hold its own.

Blue damsels will pick on more sedate species but I don't consider them aggressive. Not nearly as bad as 3 stripes and dominoes.

OP
OP
S

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauty is holding up good. But chromis and firefish no. Firefish not even coming outside to have food. Whenever it comes it's chases it.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with Fonn, They are great beautiful active fish. The trick is make them the last fish added to the tank. I had best luck when adding in groups of three. If you like blue damsels get a male ( yellow tail) and a female or two that are all blue. I use shells to make claves for them in multiple areas of the tank. Other tank mates will learn where the damsel’s territory is and avoid it when possible. If they forget the damsels will remind them but no harm ever done.
Can you show some pictures of your shell hiding places for your damsels?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back