Blue Damsels - Bullying Issues

They call them blue devils for a reason.

Personally I don't think pulling them and putting them back will help, but give it a try. Firefish and chromis are pretty easy targets and won't fight back. The coral beauty should be able to hold its own.

Blue damsels will pick on more sedate species but I don't consider them aggressive. Not nearly as bad as 3 stripes and dominoes.
 
Coral beauty is holding up good. But chromis and firefish no. Firefish not even coming outside to have food. Whenever it comes it's chases it.
 
I have to agree with Fonn, They are great beautiful active fish. The trick is make them the last fish added to the tank. I had best luck when adding in groups of three. If you like blue damsels get a male ( yellow tail) and a female or two that are all blue. I use shells to make claves for them in multiple areas of the tank. Other tank mates will learn where the damsel’s territory is and avoid it when possible. If they forget the damsels will remind them but no harm ever done.
Can you show some pictures of your shell hiding places for your damsels?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new