Blue Dot Jawfish designated home?

TSM Aquatics

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!

Corals.com

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!
I pre made a burrow with pvc pipe so that the bsjf would live in a spot I could view him. Worked out pretty well.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Avocaadotoast

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got one and he is moving my frags around. I’m looking to rehome him unfortunately. Let me know if you’re interested.
I appreciate it! I'm still in the process of setting up my tank, so it'll be awhile, but if you still have it a little later down the line then ill definitely send you a PM!

OP
Avocaadotoast

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here’s what I did

Attachments

• 30FA066D-6E7E-4BD0-992B-DC416E01B1A0.jpeg
    30FA066D-6E7E-4BD0-992B-DC416E01B1A0.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 30
TSM Aquatics

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 34 6.3%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 378 70.5%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 40 7.5%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 57 10.6%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 49 9.1%